How to think strategically about scrabble?
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw.
What is scrabble?
This is a common household game invented in 1938 by an American architect called Alfred Mosher Butts. It’s an indoor board game that facilitates both competitive and cooperative play. It can be played by two or four teams. Board games guarantee to bond. Playing Scrabble bonds you as a family, laughing, building trust and sportsmanship, and love.
Why is scrabble a family game and how can it help your child?
Besides being a lot of fun, playing Scrabble has many benefits, particularly for children. Scrabble is a game for youth, parents, and grandparents alike.
This game can help in memory training and enhancing cognitive skills. This game also enhances problem-solving, as the relevant parts of the brain are being used extensively.
By playing the game regularly, kids can improve their vocabulary.
You can also observe quick reaction as the time is taken to perform tasks are lesser.
Playing a board game like Scrabble can help children develop reasoning skills and creative thinking.
This board game required movement skills and dexterity to work on the tiles.
So, it is a fine form of occupational therapy for children with special needs and those recovering from accidents.
How playing Scrabble can improve your business skills
Playing scrabble will motivate you to become a successful businessman. This is more than just a word game as this can teach you analytical thinking, concentration, and certain creativity. There are scrabble tactics that you can use in real life and useful skills that you can hone by playing daily.
Try different perspectives: Sometimes while playing this game you may end up with a blank mind that stares endlessly at the word and doesn’t come up with any clue. This is when you need to slightly shuffle around the words in order to make sense. You can also apply this simple strategy in your life circumstances, whenever you feel burdened with problems you are unable to solve try looking at them from different angles.
The strategy is important in this game: Similarly, in business, you need to be well aware of who your competitors are and what their next move will be and impact your business. When you play, you try to maximize your points, and you should always try to maximize your profits while negotiating, buying or selling in real life.
Don’t be afraid to use your best assets. Just like you shouldn’t be saving your highest point letters for later, you also shouldn’t wait out any opportunities or waste your current competencies only to gain others.
Quite frequently, when playing scrabble, people concentrate on their own tiles without noticing the board. That’s how they miss amazing opportunities. Business is similar and you need to set bigger goals and consider all possible ways of reaching them.
Be defensive. Similarly in business, consider every offer carefully.
In both scrabble and company, it is important to know the correct words and to be able to spell them correctly.
The first term in Scrabble sets the pace for the entire game. Similarly, the first impression is in the business world, especially if you work in sales or marketing is equally important.
Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and in every game, there is an opportunity to learn something new. So you can learn from your business competitors and partners.
Tricks to win every Scrabble game
Scrabble combines the best aspects of language, strategy, and board games, and winning this game doesn’t come with great ease. We have compiled a few easy tips and tricks for you to assist you in winning the game.
- Learn 2 and 3 letter words. These 2 and 3 letter words can boost your winning streak and win you more points.
- Using the letter’s’ to construct two words at once. By adding an ‘s’ to the ending of a word you can pluralize it. However, use your ‘s’ word wisely.
- Place tiles that create a common ending or beginning at the appropriate side of your board game. Many words end in “-er,” “-ed,” or “-ing,” so putting those on the left-right side of your rack will help you in quickly deciding when to use them. The same applies to word-beginnings, like “un-,” “in-,” or “re-.” Put them on the opposite side.
- Look for ‘hooks’ as these are single letters you can add to existing words to make completely new ones. For example “Lush” turns into “blush.
- Save the combination of letters AEILNRST. You can create Starline.
- The letter “q,” the best score in scrabble tile along with the letter “z.”Memorize some words like qabala, qabalah, qadi, qat, qaid, qi, qoph, faqir, mbaqanga, qanat, tranq, qindar, qintar, qwerty, sheqel, qindarka, and sheqalm.